NEW FOR SUMMER 1
Are you the worlds next leading games developer?! Students can access Construct3 to make their own computer games which can be published or you can even sell! This software can be used on computers, laptops, tablets and mobile phones. Experienced CiDA students and Corley Centre novices can make new games at home.
Students require an access code to use this software.
Year 11 CiDA students will have a group access code emailed to parents. If you would like to try and build your own computer game please ask your parents to email Mr Cresser on email@example.com to receive your personal access code. The access code cannot be shared with anyone else!
You can access the Construct3 website here; https://www.construct.net/en
You can find the beginners guide here; https://www.construct.net/en/tutorials/beginners-guide-to-construct-3-1
You can also follow youtube tutorials on this youtube channel; https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgkAIyf-V41H34blQPJ7HdA
A range of projects to choose from. Why not try one per week:
- Making a game; https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/?interests=games
- Making music; https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/?interests=music
- Building a robot; https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/?interests=robotics
- Making digital art; https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en/projects/?interests=art
JUST FOR FUN
Students to complete the worksheet ‘If…had a mobile phone’ and using their favourite celebrity, movie character, politician etc complete the sections of who they might have called, what apps they might have and a message they might send to one of their contacts!
Previous links from Spring 2:
- Scratch is a free programming language and online community where you can create your own interactive stories, games, and animations https://scratch.mit.edu/
- Cyber Discovery is HM Government’s free, online, extracurricular programme turning teenagers across the country into cyber security experts https://joincyberdiscovery.com/
- Raspberrypi – Use your coding skills to build a game, website, create music, digital art or build your own app! https://projects.raspberrypi.org/en