Key Stage 4 students at Corley Centre have the opportunity to be trained as peer supporters.
Our Peer Supporters are involved in the following:
- Helping students new to Corley Centre to settle in
- Helping students with any concerns
- Helping students in resolving disputes
- Helping others to sort out concerns and offering practical help
- Reaching out to lonely or troubled students
Originally implemented as part of a city-wide Development and Research Project, our Peer Support programme has continued to develop. This year our staff trainers and a selection of Peer Supporters will be delivering training to primary school children and their staff who are looking to develop mediation as a means of tackling bullying and conflict.